We are seeking a software test engineer who will take responsibility for ensuring quality of a molecular diagnostics software system. The successful candidate will help develop a testing strategy that will align with the regulatory compliance needs of the company. This will entail working with software and quality groups to ensure rigor and completeness of test plans. The team is developing both cloud-based and on-premise software and the test engineer will be expected to create a comprehensive framework that can accommodate different deployment models.
Who we are
We are a company interested in substantially increasing information in multiplexed molecular diagnostics. We leverage novel methods to analyze and enhance information from popular life science instrumentation. You will join a team of software developers and scientists in a well-funded, exciting startup environment. We are developing analytical, statistical, and visualization algorithms and implementing tools and software pipelines used to analyze large multidimensional biological datasets, e.g. DNA/RNA data. The team is building software products that will be used by customers in clinical markets who require reliable, high-quality solutions to support their activities.
What you will be responsible for
- Manage overall software testing activities
- Automate regression and integration tests
- Develop and execute test plans for production releases
- Evaluate new technologies and commercial products to support testing activities
- Contribute to the compliance strategy for providing software to regulated environments
Your ideal qualifications
You are a team-oriented, strong communicator who effectively adjusts to technical and non-technical audiences. You are also able to prioritize and deliver results with a high emphasis on quality, technical rigor, and attention to detail. BA/BS with relevant experience.
- Experience with automated testing types, tools and techniques (Unit, Integration, Performance; Cucumber, Selenium, Mocha etc.)
- Strong background in AWS and SaaS products
- Experience with Docker or other container technologies
- Experience with agile development concepts and methods
- Experience with code versioning and management, including Git
- Knowledge of node.js, React.
- Experience with Atlassian JIRA/Confluence and relevant add-ons (e.g. Zephyr)
- Experience working with medical device software
- Familiarity with Java, C#, C++ or similar languages
- Experience testing mobile devices, cross-browsers, internationalization/localization
- Desire to interact with customers to build and validate user scenarios
If interested, please email resume and cover letter describing your qualifications to:
ChromaCode, Inc., 2330 Faraday Ave., Suite 100 Carlsbad, CA 92008 USA