Who we are
We are a fast-growing early stage company, passionate about increasing the information content of molecular diagnostics data to drive better decision-making. We use state of the art methods to analyze and improve information content from widely used life science instruments. You will join a team of software developers and scientists in a well-funded, exciting startup environment. We are developing analytical, statistical, and visualization algorithms and implementing tools and software pipelines used to analyze large multidimensional biological datasets, e.g. DNA/RNA data.
What you will be responsible for
- Implementing a robust set of services and APIs to power the web application
- Working on the design of the overall architecture of the platform and web application
- Building reusable code and libraries
- Optimizing web applications for speed and scalability
- Implementing security and data protection
- Translating UI/UX wireframes to visual elements
- Integrating of front-end and back-end aspects of web applications
- Package, deploy, and maintain production systems
Your ideal qualifications
You are a collaborative, strong communicator who effectively adjusts to technical and non-technical audiences. You are able to prioritize and deliver results with a high emphasis on quality, technical rigor, and attention to detail. You love working in a fast paced environment that rewards innovation and creativity.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Ability to build and maintain AWS backend and website frontend
- Experience developing and scaling relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, mySQL) and SQL language
- Strong knowledge of a back-end programming language
- Solid grasp of the principles of creating secure code
- Additional experience
- Knowledge of containerization technologies (e.g. Docker)
- Experience of building software in a dev-ops focused culture
- Familiarity with clinical diagnostics environment and understanding of Design Control practices as they relate to software development
- Knowledge of security and privacy regulatory frameworks such as ISO27001 and HIPAA
- This position will be based in Carlsbad, California.
ChromaCode is an equal opportunities employer.
If interested, please email resume and cover letter describing your qualifications to: