We are looking for a proactive Staff/Senior Research Associate with expertise in developing novel molecular phenotyping technologies to join a talented team in ChromaCode’s Advanced Technology Group. You will be responsible for contributing to the development of multiplex oncology assays, consistently generating high quality, reproducible data, and operating comfortably in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. You will work with research, development, data science, software, operations, and business teams to drive the success and impact of novel technologies. You will thrive on change and continuous improvement in an exciting entrepreneurial environment, and embrace an atmosphere where people from diverse cultures and backgrounds work together effectively. This role will report to the VP of ATG.
Who we are:
We are a fast-growing life sciences tools company, passionate about increasing the performance of molecular diagnostics instruments to drive better decision-making. We are currently using our HDPCR™ technology to deliver some of the best diagnostic testing solutions for COVID-19. You will join a team of highly talented people in a well-funded, exciting environment.
What you will be responsible for:
- Work both jointly with colleagues and independently to develop, design, and perform experiments to assess new molecular methods for multiplex oncology assays
- Interpret data and, leveraging your domain knowledge, draw conclusions from experiments to impact project decisions and directions
- Recommend next experimental steps based on results, influencing key project and team directions, and technical approaches to evaluate and implement
- Accurately document and communicate experimental procedures, observations, and insights
- Summarize key data and findings and communicate them to peers through visualizations, reports, and/or presentations
Your ideal qualifications:
- BSc in Biochemistry, Bioengineering, Genetics, Genomics, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, or related field, or equivalent experience
- 5-10 years of post-undergraduate experience in an experimental lab setting
- Experience working with clinical biospecimens (blood, tissue, FFPE, plasma)
- Experience with nucleic acid purification and quality control
- Experience developing molecular assays for oncology applications
- Solid understanding of PCR, including PCR assay design and data analysis
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interface with other researchers
- Prior expertise developing qPCR and/or digital PCR assays
If interested, please email resume and cover letter describing your qualifications to: People&Culture@chromacode.com.
ChromaCode believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at People&Culture@chromacode.com. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf