ChromaCode is looking for an experienced full-time Accounts Payable Specialist to assist the accounting department. Our products are molecular biology reagents consisting of oligos, enzymes and buffers.
Who we are
We are a fast-growing early stage company, passionate about increasing the information content of molecular diagnostics data to drive better decision-making. We use state of the art methods to analyze and improve information content from widely used life science instruments. You will join a well-funded, exciting startup environment. The Company recently launched a molecular diagnostic test for COVID-19. This role will be instrumental in supporting and scaling our rapidly growing demand for reagents.
What you will be responsible for
This role will specialize in accounts payable processing, check distribution, PO invoice management, and other activities to ensure compliance with relevant policies, procedures, and controls. This person will work closely with the Controller, VP of Finance, and others across the organization. This is a great position for someone with a passion for accounting and acute attention to detail. Other tasks include:
- Processing of invoices within accounts payable, including coding, circulating for approvals, and organizing disbursement runs.
- Process check requests for payment and ensure proper approval.
- Process and distribute A/P checks weekly; ensure all vendors are paid in a timely manner. Correspond with vendors as needed to resolve pending payment issues.
- Match and enter all PO invoices from vendors, research and resolve all quantity and price variances with urgency and maintain excellent communication with the vendor and buyer on all PO issues to prevent supply constraints.
- Assist with accounting month-end close duties, including accruals for expense reports received after the cutoff, and recording transactions processed under the travel and expense program.
- Assist with the company Corporate Credit Card program including reconciliation our monthly AP and credit card balance to the general ledger.
- Assist in the generation of purchase orders in accordance with the Company’s purchasing policies.
- Assist in system implementation and any ad-hoc duties as required.
Your ideal qualifications
- 3-5+ years of combined experience as a senior accountant or financial analyst.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration with an emphasis in Accounting, or a related field.
- Ideal candidate has working experience with Microsoft Dynamics (Great Plains) or similar ERP system used in a manufacturing environment
- Proficient in using Excel and other Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills, great computer skills
If interested, please email resume and cover letter describing your qualifications to:
ChromaCode believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf