We are seeking a temporary data analyst for a minimum of three months with proven experience in data driven decision making to join our growing team. You will work with the R&D teams to provide data summaries and insight to large biochemistry data sets to drive design decisions for products in development.
Who we are:
We are a fast-growing life sciences tools company, passionate about increasing the information content of molecular diagnostics data to drive better decision-making. We are currently using our HDPCR™ technology to deliver some of the best diagnostic testing solutions for COVID-19. You will join a team of software developers, data scientists, and assay scientists in a well-funded, exciting startup environment. We are developing analytical, statistical, and visualization algorithms and implementing tools and software pipelines used to analyze large multidimensional biological datasets, e.g. DNA/RNA data.
What you will be responsible for:
- Verification data analysis of qPCR data for R&D teams
- Data analysis of qPCR data for external validation studies
- Documentation of analyses
- Using internal tools and scripts for data analysis
- Creating plots and graphical displays of results
- Presenting summaries to team members
- Other duties as seen fit
Your ideal qualifications:
You are a collaborative, strong communicator who effectively adjusts to technical and non-technical audiences. You are able to prioritize and deliver results with a high emphasis on quality, technical rigor, and attention to detail. You love working in a fast-paced environment that rewards innovation and creativity.
- 3-5+ years professional experience, ideally in biotech or related industries
- Strong problem-solving skills and demonstrated knowledge of data analysis
- Experience using statistical programs and languages(R,JMP, Excel) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets
- Experience with statistical methods is preferred
- Experience with biochemistry-related data and troubleshooting is preferred
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- This position will be based in Carlsbad, California
If interested, please email resume and cover letter describing your qualifications to: People&Culture@chromacode.com.
ChromaCode believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at People&Culture@chromacode.com. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf